Thursday, May 26, 2011

My thoughts on Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider OOO & W Featuring Skull: Movie War Core

Ok, I know I am not Igadevil or a fancy name in some tokusatsu form, but I just had to get this out.  First, let's establish my credebilities.  I am a NEW tokusatsu fan which only includes Super Sentai and Kamen Rider.  I only began "geeking out" to them late last year.  The only Kamen Rider I was familiar with was Saban's Masked Rider, and even with that, I have vague memories.  Of course, I got interested when I saw All Riders Vs Dai Shocker, so I started with Decade.  And even with Decade, I only downloaded select episodes.  With OOO and W, I do not have a single episode of their series.  That out of the way, let’s get on to my thoughts on Kamen Rider X Kamen Rider Movie War Core…

First, the Kamen Rider Skull part.  I have no background knowledge on who he is or how cool he may be in the series.  The only time I saw him was in W x Decade movie and he looked badass there, like a Michael Jackson Kamen Rider.  Here, with the origin story, I was less interested and less impressed.

On to the OOO part.  Never having seen OOO except in W A to Z Forever memories, I was excited.  It would be my first taste of OOO if you will.  What I saw disturbed me.  It seems OOO will always take his hits from the enemy first then change into a combo after minutes of rolling around on the ground.  Only then do I see something cool.  And that ballerina story, OMG, I never wish to watch that fight where the scene changes from fighting to dancing.  It was so distracting.  At this point, I felt that if I was at Japan at the time the movie came out and bought a ticket for it, I would be pissed.

Now on to the reason I downloaded this movie in the first place.  I liked it.  Obviously it would be the part which I would always watch whenever I open the movie.  The best part was W freaking out to the disembodied arm as well as W stating what being a Kamen Rider is all about.  OOO's reaction was priceless.  But the final battle, if there even was one, was too short.  

So there!  There are probably better reviews by more knowledgeable fans but I just wanted to give what I feel would be the reactions of a casual tokusatsu viewer who only watches these shows for the love of seeing awesome action scenes. 

 I really found this poster so cool but now, after seeing the movie, meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment