Monday, December 31, 2012

My Tokusatsu Year

2012 is done and like 2011, tokusatsu was on my mind most of the time.  I honestly don’t know when I will inevitably shift my focus to other things but for now, I am enjoying every second of it.  So here is 2012 according to me.


Movies
Gokaiger Vs Gavan is one of the most entertaining team up movies ever.   
I've been doing the Laser Blade pose for a year now

Megamax and Super Hero Taisen did not live up to my expectations.

OOO: Exuding the power of Core Medals\Fourze:Being Orange


Series
Gokaiger made me a bona fide Sentai fan.  Complete downloaded series are Gokaiger, Gaoranger, Jetman and JAKQ.  It is actually a dream for me to possess every single episode of sentai, whether it is RAW or subtitled.

Fourze… I’ve said enough before.

Go-busters disappoint me.  The final battles just weren’t all that great.  I know it’s not done yet but I don’t think I’ll ever get into it.  Although the team up with Gavan Type-G was pretty cool. 

Wizard is the 1st Kamen Rider series I am following in a weekly basis.  Great action, good looking suit in all its forms and I think I fell in love with Koyomi’s smile since the very 1st episode.

I have high hopes for Kyoryuger and KyoryuPink just might be the new Gokai Pink for me.

Toys
S.H. Figuarts Gokai Pink stole my heart and memory space ever since I laid my eyes on it.

I completed the OCC OOO line sans Birth. 

Fourze gave me my 1st S.H. Figuarts Kamen Rider in Meteor.  I was on the fence on getting Meteor Storm since I read some bad reviews about it.  So it was a matter of, I want one but not enough to pay full or even 10% off for it. 
Luckily I saw a great deal being offered in a group I am a part of on Facebook called Tokusatsu Pinoy Collectors.  http://www.facebook.com/groups/234400989937738/ 
The admins are nice to let mostly anyone join as long as they ask nicely and follow the rules.  The dealer’s Facebook page is HiveMind Malupetuz http://www.facebook.com/chan.malupetuz
I really appreciate Meteor's design a LOT more seeing it beside Meteor Storm

S.H. Figuarts Red Hawk is a thing of BEAUTY SO PLEASE HURRY UP WITH S.H. FIGUARTS WHITE SWAN!  When I place next to Gokai Red, he just looks so different in a good way.  It reminds us of a time when our heroes were tough strong men with deep voices instead of today’s pretty boys, though I’m not saying that’s a bad thing.  
 
I was really planning on getting all of Wizard’s forms until they announced the dreaded Exclusive tag on the others.  Just does not make sense at all!
I was also sold on getting an S.H. Figuarts Gavan after they announced it but we all know what’s keeping us modest collectors from getting it.
A no-brainer must buy for me next year is Dragon Ranger.  He is the reason green is my favorite color and the personification of my childhood. 

To all a Happy and Prosperous New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment