Friday, August 24, 2012

A little rant before Fourze ends

I would just like to get stuff off my chest and if any decides to come to this corner of the internet, well then lend me your ear. 

I am unhappy with the modern way of life.  Everyone is just staring at a screen, including me.  It has become so d*** annoying that during this month of August 2012, I've intentionally hidden my laptop to stop me from using it.  I just realized one day there must be more to life, more to do, than to sit in my chair facing this one eyed monster for a whole afternoon or day.  But laptops are not the only source of temptation.  An Ipad is always nearby where I live.  It takes a great deal of will power for someone who has grown so accustomed to using one to resist picking it up and start going to one's favorite places on the web.  Even my 5 year old non-touch screen cellphone has wifi capability.

So what did I experience during my internet exile that lasted for almost 2 weeks, I felt GREAT!  Sure I was bored out of my mind at times, going around the house at least a dozen times but I felt free.  I am no longer a slave to my laptop.  I can now choose when I want to use it.  Previously, I would see it right there, just sitting on my desk and I cannot help but open it.  I no longer feel like S*** everytime I stand up from my chair because I knew I did not waste my time surfing the net.  I started sleeping earlier (which seriously, EVERYONE should).  Remember when we were kids and we actually had bedtimes?  You'll feel better in the morning.    

I appreciate the internet, I guess anyone can tell.  I thank it for introducing me to brand new worlds of information and entertainment.  But I believe everyone will agree that too much of anything can be harmful.  So I challenge anyone who reads this to take back control of your lives.  If there is no reason to stay in front of a computer, turn it off.  Give your eyes, mind and body a break from the online world.  Feel the air outside the window, fix up the clutter in your house, read a book or exercise. 

But be careful not to return to an old foe.  I am talking about the television.  In those two weeks, I watched so much TV that I realized I just traded one vice for another.  Oh well, it's been a while.  It was like revisiting an old friend.  I did get to watch both the opening and closing of the 2012 London Olympics and I'm happy did.

Now that that's done, let's talk about Kamen Rider Fourze.  I have my thoughts on the series all typed up and, as we all are, am waiting for the final episode.  Here's a little preview of that post. 


 More where that came from, see you next week

No comments:

Post a Comment